Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Literacy Autobiography

Writing has never been a considerably hard assignment to complete. I enjoy writing a lot and consider myself a very good writer, since I have been published in books and magazines a few times. During this first semester, I have been asked by a few teachers to complete reading and writing assignments. Most were not that enjoyable, leaving a small few as pleasurable.

For my Discovery New York class, we were asked around Halloween to read one of my favorite Halloween themed stories, The Legend of Sleepy Hallow. We were given a weekend to read the eleven page story and I felt like this assignment was right up my ally. There were no writing assignments after, but there was a classroom discussion. I felt like this was one assignment that I would really get my imagination into and enjoy. Another assignment that I enjoyed was when I had to create a brochure of a place in NYC. I choose Jekyll and Hyde Club and Restaurant. I love to be creative, which is why I am an elementary education major.

In this English class, there were a few essays that I did enjoy writing. I enjoyed one of the first essays we wrote about space. I felt like I could take that topic anywhere I wanted to and I did not feel scared to express my own opinion or let the reader into my somewhat twisted and scarred mind. Another assignment I enjoyed was writing the blogs. I felt that the blogs let me express my own writing and have it posted for everyone to read. My goal in life is to have a book deal with a great publishing company, and having my work posted online on my blog could help me achieve that goal. Also, with my blog I liked that I could write anything that I want to write without getting penalized for it. I could express my views on anything that I wanted to without criticism.

Very few classes that I am currently taken do not have assignments that I could let my imagination flow or have anything that I could get myself into. I felt that I did not work to my potential during the assignments that did not catch my full interest. I know that personally it is hard for a teacher to make an assignment that I enjoy completing. My strengths are my imagination and my ability to put my emotions down on paper. I know my weaknesses though are that I do not always proofread everything and that I do sometimes have an ego about my writing ability. Writing is my passion and do consider myself a very good writer. I do believe that I am meant to write and I hope to make it my career.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.