Thursday, November 15, 2007

Prying Eyes

Throughout my life I have had many people who try to get involved and help me change my life around. I have been sent to speak to psychotherapists and councilors, and none of them seemed to make sense of my problems. I have become used to the fact that I am damaged goods. I have been through hell and back; which not one of the therapists or councilors seem to grasp. They do not fully understand what it is like to be in the situations that I have been in. I feel like I am alone speaking about my life, which to some seems to sound like a horror tale. For me, everything I have forced to witness or experience is very real, and has shaped me as a person. I am very isolated about my emotions and have learned to not speak up.

The only way to express my feelings is through my writing. My poetry and stories are my rehab and my therapy. I am rehabilitating myself and I feel that I do not need any person’s help who will never understand me or know me. I write to release my pain and anguish, to help myself realize where I stand emotionally. I feel that the only one who can understand my agony is me.

No comments: