Sunday, September 9, 2007

Why I Write

Writing, by definition, is a way of expressing oneself by writing down different ideas and emotions onto paper. I write because it is the only way I have learned to convey myself. I enjoy writing poetry and short stories and use them to communicate my emotions and thoughts.

My poetry is basically my journal, where I write down all of my emotions. I use my poetry as a way of keeping myself sane and also to get out some emotions, such as anger and depression, without any drastic physical actions. I also use my poetry to write stories about situations I experience to help to get through them.

Writing my short stories is a way to let my imagination run wild. I enjoy creating fanatical circumstances. I love to make up seemingly crazy characters which are an expansion of my personality. I write short stories because it is enjoyable to me.

I write because it is the only way I know to expel my painful emotions and numb them. Writing is a way for me to get my point across when I can’t find the words verbally. I am passionate about my writing and I do not think I could have survived through the hard times in my life without it. I write because it is something that I truly love to do.

No comments: